Position now filled
We are seeking for a wholesale delivery / retail team member to work at our Winscombe location. Incorporating our wholesale business and traditional retail.
The role is complex, so the candidate must possess excellent communication skills and an understanding of the needs of customer service to both our trade and retail customers.
We are looking for someone who will communicate their passion for the products or a willingness to learn. Critical to the position is the ability to be clear, focused and posses a great attention to detail across the business. You will be working as part of a growing experienced team, with the overall aim to provide an excellence customer experience.
- Store room management including, stock take, ordering and stock rotation.
- Confident in using a computer to produce invoices, credit notes and update spreadsheets.
- Regularly lifting heavy items. Including, receiving of deliveries, loading and unloading of company van and customer deliveries.
- Drive courteously, abiding by laws and rules of driving to maintain a safe and healthy work environment.
- Keeps accurate records of deliveries and customer authorisation.
- Keeps company vehicle and equipment clean and ensure it is well-maintained and safe to drive.
- Following procedures like dress code, customer etiquette, safety regulations, and other precautions and requirements.
- Engaging in appropriate behaviour at all times, representing the business in a positive light.
- Communicating with customers in person and over the phone answering all questions.
- Cleaning and maintaining the shop and stock room when required.
- Deferring to store management when a customer issue proves too difficult to handle alone.
- Opening the shop at the beginning of the day and securing it at the end of day.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
Full UK driving licence.
Able to regularly lift heavy items.
Ability to use computerized till system and update spreadsheets.
WSET qualification preferred or willingness to undertake.
Friendly happy disposition.
Excellent communication skills and an ability to influence and sell.
Exceptional levels of customer service.
Takes responsibility for own actions.
Willingness to expand knowledge of wine and the business.
Ability to work on their own and within a small team.
18h per week with increased hours (may include weekend and evening) during busy periods.
A wage offered inline with experience.
Funding to undertake WSET courses.
Job Type: Part-time 18 Hours
Salary: £8.56 hour
HOW TO APPLY
C.V and covering letter to either firstname.lastname@example.org post 21 Woodborough Road, Winscombe, Somerset, BS25 1AB.