Retail / Delivery Assistant, Winscombe Somerset – Part Time Role
We are seeking a retail/delivery assistant to work at our Winscombe location. Incorporating both traditional retail with a wine tasting element, in addition to our wholesale business.
The role is complex, so the ideal candidate must possess excellent retail skills and an understanding of the needs of customer service to both retail and trade customers.
We are looking for someone who will communicate their passion for the products or a willingness to learn. Critical to the position is the ability to be clear, focused and posses a great attention to detail across the business. You will be working as part of a growing experienced team, with the overall aim to provide an excellence customer experience.
- Opening the store at the beginning of the day and securing it at the end of day.
- Scanning items for customers and making sure they have found what they were looking for.
- Cleaning and maintaining the shop and stock room.
- Stocking shelves and monitoring stock levels.
- Communicating with customers in person and over the phone answering all questions.
- Keeping aware of what types of products are in the store and making recommendations to customers.
- Deferring to store management when a customer issue proves too difficult to handle alone.
- Regularly lifting heavy items.
- Following procedures like dress code, customer etiquette, safety regulations, and other precautions and requirements.
- Engaging in appropriate behaviour at all times, representing the business in a positive light.
- Drives safely and follow all laws and rules of driving to maintain a safe and healthy work environment.
- Keeps company vehicle and equipment clean and ensure it is well-maintained and ready to drive.
- Keeps accurate records of deliveries and customer authorisation.
- Communicates with customers by phone to update them of time of deliveries if there have been issues or changes to their estimated time of arrival.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
- Previous retail or hospitality experience.
- WSET qualification preferred or willingness to undertake.
- Ability to use computerized till system and spreadsheets.
- Full clean UK driving licence.
- Able to regularly lifting heavy items.
- Excellent communication skills and a proven ability to influence and sell.
- Exceptional levels of customer service.
- Passion for and willingness to expand knowledge of wine and the business.
- Takes responsibility for own actions.
- Ability to work on their own and within a small team.
- Friendly happy disposition.
- 18h per week with increased hours (to include weekend and evening) during busy periods.
- A wage offered inline with experience.
- Opportunity to join the company pension plan.
- Part-funding for those willing to undertake WSET courses.
- Employee discounts.
HOW TO APPLY
C.V and covering letter
C.V and covering letter to either email@example.com or post 21 Woodborough Road, Winscombe, Somerset, BS25 1AB.
Closing Date Friday 24th August