Name: Susana Ferraz
Job within the wine trade: Sales/Export Market at Niepoort Vinhos
How long have you been in this role/wine trade? 10 years/16 years
What made you want to get in to this area of work and what drives you to stay in it? I came to the wine business a bit by chance! I started my professional life working closely with the cork industry, and naturally I moved into the wine! What makes me stay is the diversity of my job, the fantastic people I meet and for being such a noble product, with different challenges every year.
What is your wine career highlight? I don’t think I can chose one! To keep working in the wine trade is a highlight itself!..
If someone wanted to get in to the wine industry, what would your advice be? Try many wines, read about wine, make an internship in a winery.
5 quick fire questions – Up close and Personal!
1. Favourite food and wine match? 10 Years White Port with Queijo da Serra (Portuguese traditional cheese)
2. Have you got tattoos if so, how many.. if not, are you tempted? No and I am not tempted at all!..:I)
3. What did you want to be when you were growing up? Nurse
4. What is your favourite season? Summer!!
5. If you had 3 wishes, what would they be?
- Have more time
- Travel more around the world
- More women in wine!!…:)