Name Kelli Coxhead
Job within the wine trade Owner of The Wine Shop
How long have you been in this role/wine trade? 13 years – ish!
What made you want to get in to this area of work and what drives you to stay in it? A travelling trip to New Zealand inspired me to find out more about wine. Strangely enough it wasn’t what was in the glass that got me excited, it was the passion that people showed when they talked about the wine and how it became. The want to stay in it, is that it is such a lovely subject, always more to learn, discover. You can’t get bored in wine!
What is your wine career highlight? Opening the Wine Shop
If someone wanted to get in to the wine industry, what would your advice be? You won’t get rich, but you’ll have an enriched life!! ha ha! Thera are so many aspects to the wine trade and its just finding a role that suits. If you can take the time, go and do a harvest or two, getting hands on experience really is priceless and you learn so much more than you can from reading about it.
5 quick fire questions – Up Close and Personal!
1. Favourite food and wine match? Blue cheese and Sauternes
2. Have you got tattoos if so, how many.. if not, are you tempted? 5
3. What did you want to be when you were growing up? Ballet dancer and run my own haulage firm.
4. What is your favourite season? Summer.. Love the warmth!
5. If you had 3 wishes, what would they be? Corny as it sounds.. World peace! For wine and chocolate to be calorie free. To be able to talk to animals.