Name – Julia Jenkins
Job within the wine trade – Managing Director of Flagship Wines
How long have you been in this role/wine trade? – Flagship Wines since 2001 and the wine trade – many years!
What made you want to get in to this area of work and what drives you to stay in it? Starting and developing my own business was an opportunity to stay in the wine trade after having two sons and deciding to be the ‘at home’ parent. It started from very small beginnings and continues to grow at a fast pace so retaining my interest and excitement in facing the challenges of my own business.
What is your wine career highlight? Achieving the accolade of New Zealand Wine Merchant of the Year and achieving a position in the Harpers Wine & Spirit Top 50 Indies in consecutive years
If someone wanted to get in to the wine industry, what would your advice be? In a competitive business arena find a way to enjoy it!
5 quick fire questions – Up close and Personal!
1. Favourite food and wine match? Rasteau VDN with chocolate strawberries and florentines
2. Have you got tattoos if so, how many.. if not, are you tempted? No! At least not yet!!!
3. What did you want to be when you were growing up? Ballet dancer? Teacher? …………?
4. What is your favourite season? Spring
5. If you had 3 wishes, what would they be? That would be telling – everyone knows they don’t come true unless you keep them a secret!